Public Liability Insurance Policy
This is to cover the legal liability incurred by members while they are engaging in drones flying activity regarded as recreational* in nature
- the members comply with all statutory obligations and regulations imposed by public authorities;
- the Unmanned Aerial Device is not used for military or defence purposes;
- operation of the drone is in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, where applicable;
- the Unmanned Aerial Device is not used for the carriage or transport of chemicals or other dangerous items;
- total mass of the device including payload is equal or less than 7kg;
- minimum age of member is at least 16 years old at date of incident.
* Any pursuit or activity engaged in for enjoyment, relaxation or leisure, is classified as recreational in nature. However, the following activities are excluded:
- a sporting activity that forms part of an organized group activity or organized competition or tournament (such as a flying display);
- a recreational activity provided by a business, or in the course of business.
Limit of Liability
SGD25,000 per member during Policy Period.
5% of loss or minimum SGD250 any one occurrence in respect of Drones Activity.
Period of Insurance
Date of Registration of membership till 31 December 2020.
This Public Liability Insurance is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd. Full details of the terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurance are provided in the policy wordings which was issued to DroneXchange Pte Ltd (as the Policy Owner).